Berkeley High Crew is supported by Berkeley Crew, a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the sport of competitive rowing for all young men and women at Berkeley High School.
The Board of Berkeley Crew has the following specific goals:
1. Provide a competent and stable coaching staff. Direct and support the coaching staff to educate athletes in the techniques of rowing, nutrition, fitness, teamwork, and competing at a high level, in an atmosphere that emphasizes shared purpose, commitment, integrity, sportsmanship, personal growth, and self-esteem.
2. Generate funding to cover the team’s operational and capital expenses, ensuring that the rowers have access to the water and use well-maintained, competition-quality equipment.
3. Provide logistical and other support (such as transportation, food and housing) to enable the team to train and compete.
4. Manage the team’s finances, taxes, insurance, official records, and other administrative needs.
5. Provide for communications within the Berkeley High Crew community and to the larger outside community.
6. Establish and maintain programs to recruit and retain rowers so that Berkeley High Crew reflects the demographic diversity of Berkeley High School.
7. Encourage and support the academic achievement of Berkeley High School student-athletes.
8. Educate parents of new rowers about the sport and the team.
The Board meets at 7:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month. Meetings take place via Zoom.
All crew families are invited to attend. Please contact a Board President for an invitation.